JOB DESCRIPTION: RECEIVING AREA LEADER
SHIFT: 12 HOUR CONTINENTAL
SHIFTS DAY AND NIGHTS
PLANT LOCATION: FROZEN DIVISION
CALL AT: 416-744-6767
The Area Lead-hand is responsible and accountable with ensuring that all inbound deliveries are received on time at the plant and in good order against the documentation / system, and that the right products are put-away, picked and fed to the lines in a timely manner ensuring that there are no line stoppages. The Area Lead-hand is also the main point of contact for the Plant Production Supervisors and the Inbound Plant Receivers / Line Feeders.
• Coordinate the receiving for inbound deliveries from vendors
• Conduct the daily on hand cycle counts for Planning and forward results to Planning department
• Coordinate and schedule plant transfers
• Follow and adhere to the allergen management of ingredients
• Coordinate and schedule the seasonal plant change over
• Manage the plant dock door availability for inbound deliveries / outbound transfers
• Manage the Cooler / Freezer / Temper rooms
• Conduct the Daily Warehouse Inspections and fill in the Inspection report
• Conduct the weekly cycle counts
• Operate computerized systems – WHMIS, Microsoft Office, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Zebra label printers and scanning hand guns in the future.
• Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with using a variety of basic material handling equipment.
• Carry out any assigned task issued by the Material Manager or Senior management as may be required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
• Fast-paced environment
• Handling heavy loads using forklift ie lifting full cartons / case packs from pallet to location.
• Standing or sitting on Counterbalance Forklift / Reach Truck and Walkie for extended periods.
• Repetitive movements and able to lift up to 50 lbs
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• High school diploma, college or technical / vocation school or equivalent.
• Minimum two (2) years experience on Industrial MHE such as: Reach Truck / Counterbalance Forklift / Walkie.
• Proven Leadership skills in managing up to 10 employees.
• Strong communication skill, able to coordinate with different departments, carrier dispatch offices.
• Proven knowledge of receiving / shipping / plant line feeding techniques and procedures to ensure speedy and cost effective deliveries
• Must have knowledge / understanding of shipping documents – Bills of Lading, Manifests, and Customs Documents.
• Valid certification for applicable MHE trucks being used.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a high pressure environment to meet tight deadlines.
Please apply at any of the below locations:
Etobicoke location: 19 Woodbine Downs Blvd. Unit# 108 B Etobicoke ON M9W 6N5
Brampton Location: 1625 Steeles Ave East, Unit# 17 Brampton, ON L6T 4R7